Wednesday, May 13, 2009

VISIT TO BOTANICAL AND JAPANESE GARDENS

Yesterday was a nice day here in Pinson, Alabama.
My husband wanted to do something besides stay
home and work in the yard so he suggested going
to Sears to see what all they had on sale since they
are closing their store. After looking around and
not finding anything we needed my husband started
to just drive and we ended up at the Birmingham
Botanical Gardens and the Japanese Gardens. I
just wish I had worn my walking shoes, sandals
just do not go well with gravel paths. I also
wish I had my camera with me. I have just got to
learn to carry it with me every time I leave the
house. Needless to say there are no pictures to
post. We did enjoy the gardens glad we went
yesterday because it is raining here again today.
Hope wherever you are it's a nice day.

9 comments:

Deann said...

I'm sure you had a good time at the Gardens, even without your walking shoes and camera. However, I can't believe you guys went to Century Plaza. That was a brave thing to do!

P.S. I know it's pathetic, but my camera goes everywhere I go... even if its just to church, school, or the store.

Deann said...

Correction:

...even if it's just to church, school, or the store.

farmlady said...

Doesn't that just frost you when you don't have the camera and you see something amazing? I carry my little Canon power shot with me all the time, in my purse. You just never know what unexpected thing is going to happen.And ..., in my experience, there are very few times when husbands just want to "take a drive". Hope you had fun anyway.
Sears is closing? That's awful.
We have to go down to Sacramento to find a big Sears store but I make the trip because I like the store and the prices are good.

Madeline's Album said...

Deann and Connie, Thank you for your comments. A lot of the stores are closing around here, Connie, signs of these bad times. I am going to try and remember to carry my camera at all times.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like lots of fun.. shame you didn't have the camera with you but I do the same thing.. never think I'm going to need it and then wish I had it.

Madeline's Album said...

Thank you for the nice comment Pat. I will try to remember to take the camera with me at all times.

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you had a great time and enjoyed your day. I always forget my camera or I take it and it runs out of batteries LOL I hope you have a nice evening.

Anne said...

Wow I bet the gardens were just lovely!

Madeline's Album said...

They were, Anne, especially the roses.