Monday, May 25, 2009

MEMORIAL DAY OBSERVED - MAY 25, 2009


Eulogy for a Veteran
~Author Unkown~
Do not stand at my grave and weep.
I am not there, I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow,
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain,
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the mornings hush,
I am the swift upliftings rush of quite
birds in circled flight,
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there, I did not die.





4 comments:

Deann said...

What a nice post. Hope you have a good day, today!

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

What a beautiful post...Happy Memorial day to you...Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

Anonymous said...

What a great post Madeline. Thank you. I loved the poem ♥ I hope you have a lovely memorial Day.

Madeline's Album said...

Thank you Deann, Carol, and Happy to Be for your very kind comments. Hope your Memorial day was a good one.