Tuesday, March 31, 2009

TEA AND FRIENDSHIP TUESDAY'S

I am not a tea person. I
do not collect teapots or
cups and saucers like a lot
of people do. I do enjoy
the friendship of other bloggers
and enjoy seeing their collections.
Here is a poem all of you will
remember.

I'm a little teapot short and stout.
Here is my handle, and here is my spout.
When I spy a teacup, then I shout,
tip me over and pour me out.
~Author Unknown~

There are many versions of this little
poem but this is the version I liked the
best.

6 comments:

farmlady said...

I do remember this little poem. Seems like there was a dance that went with it. You are taking me back a long way with this. I can actually remember the song. I'll probably be singing it all evening.

Nice post!

Madeline's Album said...

Thank you farmlady. I am glad you enjoyed the post. I enjoy visiting you blog which I do almost every day. Have a good evening

Anne said...

Yes I remember that little childhood song. It was one of my favorites as a child. Still is I guess. =) I liked your version of it. Never heard it that way.

Madeline's Album said...

Thank you Anne. I am glad you enjoyed it.

Anonymous said...

Dear Madeline, Thank you for partisipating. I always loved that little song. We used to say it a lot in school. That one and the poem etsy bitsy spider. I love the raindrops on your blog and all of your pretty decorations :>)

Madeline's Album said...

Thank you Carol. I have been trying to dress up the blog I have to be careful and not go over board with the decorations.