Tuesday, June 2, 2009

TEA AND FRIENDSHIP TUESDAYS

This little poem or song
just popped into my
head the other day.
I am not sure if I heard
it as a child or if I used
to tell it to my children.

"Polly put the kettle on"
~By Anonymous~

Polly put the kettle on,
Polly put the kettle on,
Polly put the kettle on,
We'll all have tea.

Sukey take it off again,
Sukey take it off again,
Sukey take it off again,
They've all gone away.

Blow the fire and make the toast,
put the muffins on to roast,
Blow the fire and make the toast,
We'll all have tea.

Have a great and wonderful Tea
and Friendship Tuesday.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Madeline this brings back so many memories. My girlfriends and I would jump rope to this little tune. It was so much fun ♥ Thank you so much and thank you for partisipating in 'Tea and frindship Tuesday's' ♥ I hope you have a lovely day!

Anne said...

That nursery rhyme reminds me of being a kid again. Thanks for the memories it brings along with it. Hope your having a good day!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Madeline, this reminds me so much of my mother. She used to always quote this! :-)

I found your link from Carol's blog, and I thought I'd come over and say, "Hello!" Thanks for the cheery greeting!

Happy Tea & Friendship Tuesday...

XO,

Sheila :-)

Deann said...

I think I've heard part of that before, but not the whole thing. It's cute!

Madeline's Album said...

Carol, Anne, Sheila and Deann thank you for your nice comments. Glad I could bring back some old memories.