Tuesday, November 12, 2013

MORE RUNNERS




Two more runners finished, washed and ironed and put away for gifts.  I have one more to do then I will put away my needle and thread and start my holiday baking.  I embroider in between time when I am not blowing leaves or doing housework.  When one is retired and has no one to answer to but God and oneself there is much time to do what one enjoys and I enjoy yard work and doing my crocheting and embroidering.  My life to some may seem boring but I and my husband had a good time traveling and doing things together after he retired.  We visited many national parks and visited many states I believe there are only 4 we missed.  So I am content to staying home enjoying my children, grandchildren and great grandchildren.  God blessed me with a wonderful husband for 57 years and wonderful children , grandchildren, and great grandchildren.   Click on pictures to see them up close.

3 comments:

Deann said...

As long as you are happy, that's all that matters. :)

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

Your runners are just lovely! When my eye's finally got so bad I gave up sewing. Pat and I would have been married for 60 years this coming June 18. We were married June 18, 1954. I never got to celebrate a 50th. I never will.
We, like you, retired and traveled all over the U.S. and it was a wonderful time of life. We bought a beautiful little motorhome and took off. We had the time of our lives.
How old are you and your husband? I suspect you have to at least close to us in age. PH is 80 and I am now 77..but then I think I posted our birthdays were in October. I absolutely love being retired! Sleeping as late as we want, doing anything our hearts desire..it's wonderful!!
Hugs,
Mona

Shane Pollard said...

Hello Madeline

I've come from BJ's where I read your comment.
Your embroidered table runners are beautiful - someone is very lucky to receive such a special gift.

I'm retired now too and spend my days much like you - it's lovely!

Shane