Friday, December 1, 2017

WELCOME THE MONTH OF DECEMBER


Chill December brings the sleet, blazing fire, and Christmas treat.
    ~Sara Coleridge~ 

A bare tree stands with roots on both ends in December.
    ~Karen  Bantawa~

When dark December glooms the day, and takes our autumn joys away; when short and scant the sun-beam throws, upon the weary waste of snow.
    ~Walter Scott~

I heard a bird sing in the dark of December, a magical thing and sweet to remember: "We are nearer to spring than we were in September."
      ~Oliver Herford~

Of all the months of the year there is not a month one-half so welcome to the young, or so full of happy associations, as the last month of the year..."All the year around: December," All the year  around a weekly journal conduced by Charles Dickens 1887 December 10th

Wishing everyone a joyous month of December.

6 comments:

Sara - Villa Emilia said...

Oh Madeline, what a wonderfully Christmassy post, and the header image is lovely too.
I was surprised to read you have snow now. I hope it will not melt away and you will have a white Christmas. ♥ Have a blessed December!

Madeline's Album said...

Thank you Sara. The sun is out today and the snow is melting I do not think it will be here for Christmas.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
bj said...

I love this warm post, Maddy.
I also love your beautiful header.
I hope your Christmas is merry and bright.
xococo

Madeline's Album said...

Thank you BJ. I know this is the first Christmas without your sweet husband, but I hope your have a blessed Christmas and a very Happy New Year.

Sara - Villa Emilia said...

♥ A lovely new header again, dearest Madeline. ♥ Now it's time to wish you and yours a blessed and happy Christmas! ♥